In these troubled times of self isolation telephone counselling & video counselling is a viable alternative which means that you don’t need to be alone with your anxiety and trouble. It is possible to find a safe space to talk and communicate with a counsellor even if it isn’t face to face.
Tips for sessions
- You have your computer or mobile set up with Zoom, Skype or Whats app before the session commences. This includes having your microphone and video turned on.
- Your computer or mobile is positioned at a sensible height so that I can clearly see your face and that the camera is at eye level.
- It is very easy to hear background noises e.g. animals and washing machines and kettles etc. so please make sure you are in a quiet location.
- You will not be disturbed for the duration of the session and that the door to the room you are sitting in is closed. You really need to ensure that you will not be overheard or listened into whilst in your session.
- If you are using your computer, you have your mobile out of reach and with the sound muted so that it is not a distraction.
- You do not have your back to a window or light – this can make it very hard for me to see you clearly.
- That there is adequate lighting in the room you are in.
- You have a box of tissues nearby.
- You do not record the sessions. I will not be recording any of our sessions unless I have prior consent from you and this has been mutually discussed and agreed and a consent form has been signed by you. This is in line with GDPR.
- You dial me to join the meeting at the agreed time.